Friday, April 22, 2016

Q&A class on The Authorithy


Are there prominent symbols in this story? If so, what are they and how they are used?

After reading the first two volumes of the authority, I feel there are few symbols that are prominent. In volume 1, where the symbol of the bad guys is a circle with smaller circles in the circle. Ina way it reminds me of some sort of aggressive religious order, where they want to make there mark. The design of the main character them selves, reminds me a bit of Justice league characters, such as swift, who reminds me of hawk girl, the Midnighter, who has a very similar to batman.  V for vendetta logo  is very prominent logo, because there is a comic about it and a movie which actually helps me connect with the story and Britain shirt- which reminds me of Rose Tyler played by Billy piper from Doctor who series cause she wore the same  shirt.

What connections did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of the work with which you are able to connect?

In the volume 1, There’s a clear direction of the universe the authority is in.  The world has accepted super heroes and super villains, however, the connections I can make the story, is by its visual appearance, its narrative, dialogue and the directions, its takes you me in.  The elements such as the design of the characters help me connect with the comic, because I see them as a very similar form to Justice league characters, like swift and midnighter, are very prominent figures and similar body structure as batman and hawk girl., the ship they travel in is  in many ways similar to the one in JLA. Personally I connect with Miss sparks, because she’s always calm and collected and always in control regarding her feelings and don’t let anything faze her.

What changes would you make to adopt this story into another medium? What medium would you use and what changes would you make?

 I honestly, would not make any changes to the story, as it fits the superhero genre, even if I have to put this into a different medium as the story has potential and would like to how it unfolds. Moving forward though, I would like to know more in-depth detail about the characters past and how they felt when they first gained super powers. I  can go with any medium with this story, I can make it into anime, or a movie, or even a cartoon series.  Basically for the anime and cartoon series, we will needs to use cleaner lines and a lot more drawings that will help it to become popular.  In this kind of medium, we will also have to start of with origin story first rather than starting of the bat with a fight scene.  Something like how Young justice had done. When its comes to a movie on the other hand, it always makes sense to give each character their origin story movies, so that people can see how they come together, something like how marvel did, with, iron man, captain America, hulk, spider man and the others.  


No comments:

Post a Comment