Monday, April 18, 2016

Review on The Bus by Paul Kirchner




I will be reviewing the Bus by Paul Kirchner. When I first read the title, I had not expected what I was going to read or see. However, after checking the link out, my first impression was, exactly what did I read.  Paul Kirchner has taken an very unique stand point on graphic novels based in his strips and the characters that he introduces throughout his strips. His absolute understanding and viewing of a bus , a vehicle that everyone takes for granted, in his strips, we se the exact transport transform into more imaginative illusions. He portrays a us in several forms, such as a road, when in one of his strips he showed that all the buses at the bus depot, merge together to make a road for another bus to pass through it. He also shows how he’s in a jail, and all he does is draw a bus stop sign in the prison cell, and a bus comes to pick him home. Through is artwork and simple drawings, with no consistent story line, it defiantly makes one think about the use of a transpiration that is commonly available. Of course I feel that there will few who will argue that he is an environmentalist, and is trying to persuade the general population to use more public transport. Having said that, I have my own theory, I feel that he has been drawing these strips out of his amusement based on how he see the world is connected, by a bus.  I really love this artist , mainly because of his ideas and imaginations and really small  and simple plots that make me chuckle, which is unthinkable in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment