Monday, April 4, 2016

Review on The March by John Lewis, Andrew Aiden and Nate Powell


This was my first time reading March by John Lewis, Andrew Aiden and Nate Powell. As I read the comic,, I was amazed by the level of information and personal experiences that were  provided in this comic book. March is so well illustrated and the story being the John Lewis’s experience in his fight for civil right movement, it only adds to the experience of reading the comic. As I read further into the comic, I felt that he had out lined his experiences very well based on the true events. His experience as he was growing up, he made me, as a reader feel more involved  in the matter.  Reading this comic gave me a better understanding and a new perspective on civil right movement. I think one of my favorite parts of his comic was  the reward he gets after he worked so hard, for getting into a college,  and working part time to pay off his tuitions and  going through life, after which he gets a letter from Dr. Martin Luther king  to meet him. I feel that panel made a huge impact to  me , mainly because it reminds me of what my father always tells me, when I feel like giving up. He always says, hard work always pays off and there are no short cuts to success. Reading this  comic has truly reminded me of and reconnected me with my fathers lessons to me. March is truly, a unique  comic, which connects with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment