Monday, April 18, 2016

Review on The Imposter's Daughter: A True Memoir


Firstly, I have to say, it was not easy , finding a link to the imposters daughter by Laurie Sandell. But it surely was worth finding the link. Right off the bat, I would say that illustrations are very unique and rough. However, As I read further, I realized that she wasn’t really concerned about the illustrations but the story, which was quite compelling. Its is an interesting reading about a daughter, who just wants to celebrate her fathers life, but ends up finding out something more than she actually expected.  She found out that her father was not who , she thought he was, He was a more than what he portrayed to be.  I don’t want to spoil the story here, so I wont go into details. Reading the imposters daughter had resurfaced my thoughts on how well and how much can one know a person you are close to. Especially with todays technology, you never know what the  other person is doing, while you are talking to them or texting them. Its is especially more fearsome to think about if you are in a long distance relationship, like me, where your girlfriend/ spouse may something they are doing and they might be doing something else, it also reminds me about how real life spies are, where none of their friends and family know who they really are and what they really do. Although having said that, I believe that, the author has hit the hammer right on the nails head, and that being, its all the matter of trust. How much do you trust someone close to you and even though it may leave you vulnerable, its not always about vulnerability but about trust. Trusting the person to be true to ones self in front of others is the true lesson this graphic novel has thought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment